Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fighting the urge....

Alrighty, it is an average Thursday morning here and I am yet again fighting the early on-set of "startitis"....grrrrr!!!! What is a girl to do? Apparently, I have access to the Internet at work (no telling for how long though), and this causes me the dilemma of being able to get to Ravelry during the day, enabling me to look at patterns I want to try and things I want to knit.

I have been thinking about the "February Lady" Sweater for the past 6 months or so. I really do want to knit this and think that it would be a lot of fun and a real challenge to my skills. The first hurdle though is making sure I have enough yarn, which then presents challenge number two....do I have the money to buy more yarn? I Think I have solved both problems with one easy solution....Caron Simply Soft. I really think that this yarn would work great to try this sweater and it would then be washer friendly and if I either, didn't finish the piece (yeah...this is a side effect of startitis) or simply didn't like it in the end (not a likely thing), I would not feel overly guilty that I spent money on yarn and didn't like it. Especially since Walmart is selling Caron Simply Soft pretty cheap right now, since they are trying to get rid of whatever they have left in inventory. Heck, I managed to get 2 skeins of it the other day for a mere $2.88 per skein. Not a bad deal for the penny-pinching yarn addict that I am.

Anyway, I feel better now that I have confessed my desires for all the world and Internet to see....(not that I think all that many people actually read this thing, but hey...)

No comments: