Tuesday, February 26, 2008

They came, I saw....I knitted

Alrighty then...I finally got my knitpicks order yesterday, and before you could say k1, p2....I was casting on for the next sock. This would be the guy's sock....I'm very excited. Not just because I get to start a new sock, with new needles and a new yarn...but because I did the cast on all by myself with no help from anyone!!!!

This is a first for me. I was so damn proud of myself, that I had to call Lara at some awful hour of the night to tell her how happy and excited I was for myself. Heck, I even gushed to the guy this afternoon when I called him at lunch.

But the kicker to it all is, that not only did I cast on last night...(on 2's), but I cast on yet again twice more this morning. I wasn't sure I really liked the way Soxx Appeal was looking on 2's with the Toe Up Cast On, so....I tried twice more with another ball on my set of 1's (muuuuuch better).

I have to say...this cast on gets easier and easier the more that I do it. I can't imagine why more people don't use this for more than just socks. I know I am sure as heck gonna use it for a few of my bags in the future...it is just easy as all hell and knits up super quick.

Anyway...as soon as I get a chance (and a Flickr) account I will start posting pictures of my FO's, UFO's and SIP's (socks in progress). Now back to my regularly scheduled knitting, while at work....yay me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, where are the pixs, kiddo?
Ma