Friday, February 22, 2008

the bag, the bag....THE BAG!!!!!

Well, I have almost completed the bag for my co-worker...damn, did I really dislike knitting this particular bag. It was a pretty simple pattern that I had used before, but for some reason nothing went quite according to plan with it.

Alas, the bag is all but done. All I have left to do at this point is bind off, whip stitch it shut at the bottom and then felt the hell out of it. There are a few minor mistakes here and there, but nothing that a bit of felting won't hide and smooth out.

I can tell you one thing for certain though....it will be a long time in coming before I knit with Lamb's Pride - Bulky again. I just wasn't real keen on it, the color was pretty...but that was about the only redeeming quality I can say for it.

Now, onto crossing my fingers that my knitpicks order shows up today...along with at least part of my Etsy order. I am mainly concerned with the knitpicks order, since I would really like to be able to cast on the guy's socks this weekend and get cracking on them....

I haven't progressed too much farther on my knee high since I was trying to bust out with the felted bag in time to get it in the washer this weekend. Thank heavens for dating a guy that has his own washer and dryer...cuz that would just suck having to spend a dollar on the washing machine at my place, just to felt a bag....but oh well.

Anyway, I guess I am gonna get back to the grind of actually working. Gotta do something to earn the money to buy more yarn, right??? Then again...as slow as I am today, I will likely either get to knitting on my sock or finish off my latest reading of "Friday Night Knitting Club".

No comments: