Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The road goes on forever and the stash that never ends....

OK....so, I said I wasn't going to do it, but for anyone that knows me, knows that I rarely if ever hold back on doing things that I really want to do..It goes without saying though, when it comes to yarn, I tend to give in to my baser desires and BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Well, I gave in and bought a skein of the Comfort Sock that I had been eyeballing the last few times I went into my LYS along with FOUR....yes kids, you read that right FOUR balls of Soxx Appeal in Oceana. This should make some really pretty socks for the guy....I sure as heck hope he realizes just how much knitting is going to be involved in a pair of size 14 socks with 8 inches up the calf to fit under his riding boots. Although if he doesn't, then I guess I will just have to look at it as a chance to perfect my sock knitting skills and learning to work with elastic yarn....LOL

I think I have figured that between all the needles I have coming from knitpicks and the stitch markers I ordered from Etsy I should be good to go for a while. I plan on having all my needles, aside from the 0's, filled within days of them arriving. Blue & Grey Jawool on the 1's (for me), Black & Pink from Lara on the 2's (again for me), Soxx Appeal for the guy on 1's and still on the 2's is my never ending knee-high.

At least there will be a variety of sock knitting to choose from, and by the time most of them are finished I will surely feel confident in my Toe-Up cast on and turning the heel will hold no trepidation whatsoever for me.....ahahahha...NOT!!!

I really do need to finish up a few of the bags that I still have on the needles as well. I feel like I have been a complete slacker about them lately...there they sit in their pretty little bags, all lonely, neglected and such. Naughty knitter that I am....I try really hard not to have too many UFO's in my house at one time....can get really overwhelming when there are just too many.

Oh, I almost forgot....I bought some DPN's last night (in case I get a wild hair to try knitting socks that way, not likely though). Figured it couldn't hurt to have them in the house or in the knitting bag in case I need to pick up the stray stitch here and there and grab it before catastrophe happens. Also, bought a set of kid's shorty plastic needles in 8's to play with.

Gonna try and knit a few face/wash cloths and see if that might keep me occupied for a while. Figure I have plenty of Sugar & Cream cotton as well as a few balls of odd colored Gedifra Frisetto that I have no clue what I will ever do with. Soooo....what the hell...the more I knit from stash, the more I rationalize that I can add to stash. HELL YEAH!!!!

No comments: