Sunday, February 17, 2008

Up the ankle and away we go....

So, I have been knitting away on my sock...so far I am at mid-calf. Before you know it I will be all done with this one and able to cast on to my second one, then I will have my very first pair of hand knit knee-high socks. I am very excited about this, since I have never owned anything like this ever.

I have since put almost all of my other projects on the back burner for the time being. Oh well, almost all of them were for me and were just a mere time filler until I found my true calling as a sock knitter.

Although, I still have to finish a bag that I promised to someone else....would be just wrong to start it, not finish it and leave them hanging....damn if only they knew how to knit, they could finish it themselves.

In other news, I did finally get my check from Uncle Sammy....YIPPEEE!!!! Put in my order for some new needles from KnitPicks, got some more 2's, a set of 1's and an 0 on the way. This just means more socks to play with at one time in case I get bored with a color. I haven't bought any yarn yet...been looking at a ball or two from Opal Sock Yarns, think this would make a nice pair of socks for the Harley-Davidson fan I have been seeing lately. Who knows, I may just buy two balls, knit him some socks and them done in time for his birthday in JULY!!!! Then again...those can be done on my 1's along with some Jawool that I have recently gotten back (should make some pretty blue and grey socks) and then there is the sock that Lara was working on for me that I need to knit a bit of so that she can turn the heel and I can trek on up the leg on that one. Those should be SEEEEEXY, though...hot pink viscose toes and heel, along with black foot and leg....MORE knee high's baby!!!! WOO HOOO....I'm starting to see a trend here.

The irony is though, I was gonna buy a shit load of yarn with my income tax money, but as of yet...I haven't bought a single skein. I did, however, buy new furniture for my apartment, this way I can sit and knit or read in the comfort of my home. The cool part is that I bought a futon, so...anyone that needs a pad to crash on for the night is welcome to come over. Hell, the futon bed is bigger than my bed is. I guess I really am the benevolent host....either that or my ass needed something of substance to sit on when I read and knit. LOL....

Anyway...I am sensing that it is time for me to cook breakfast since there is a pan now sitting on the stove and the guy is stumbling round the kitchen...coffee cup in hand. Still wondering where my cup of coffee is...hmmmm....have to work on that one....

Have a great day and here is to thinking that Junior will win the Daytona 500 today...woo hoo...racing and knitting...HELL YEAH BABY!!!!

No comments: