Wednesday, April 09, 2008

ok....Alpaca Redux....no dice

Well, the plan was to use the Baby Alpaca to try out the cupcake hat. Yet again, not my best plan or idea. I have never knit with alpaca and I seriously overestimate my skill along with underestimating the slick and fluid texture of the yarn I am trying to "tame".

So, that idea was scrapped...but I have rethought the plan and am going to put the Alpaca back into stash hibernation, yet again. But....I am still going to knit up the Fauxstess, there is no doubt in my mind about that!!!

I am going to try the cupcake with some Berrocco Comfort and Comfort DK. I think this would make an ideal media for the hat and I am also going to rework the pattern to make it more my own and slightly more my style...I will share my plan when the idea is at least on the needles and taking more of a physical shape.

On a brighter note, though....I did cast on at least one project tonight. I cast on some Noro Kureyon (colorway 139). Not my favorite yarn to knit with, but the colors are just so pretty I could not resist. On top of the fact that I really needed some work knitting for the morning since things have been so slow at work lately and I can only surf Ravelry so much without feeling compelled to start a new project.

The idea behind this new project is to do a spiral pattern hat. Like the other hat that I have done and loved so very much, I am starting this one in top down fashion and knitting in Magic Loop until I have it to 80 sts and then I will just knit in the round until I get to the length I want and will either finish with rib knit, seed stitch or just maybe i might finish it with a picot bind off...who knows? I'm sure I will have decided by the time I get to that point.

Anyway, it is late and I am sure that sleep is a long time in coming for me tonight and the knitting will all to me from the couch while I try to sleep, but I must at least make the pathetic attempt to count the sheep....or maybe just the balls of sock yarn I wish to add to my stash.

Hmmm..one ball of Regia Silk, two skeins or Shibui Knits, three balls of On-Lein sock yarn, four balls of Jawool.....ZZZzzzzzzzzz

No comments: