Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Yummy....I wanna be called "cupcake"....

I found this pattern in Ravelry and I am completely and TOTALLY in LOVE (love, love, love) with it...it is called the "Fauxstess". I must knit this as soon as possible.

I think I even have the yarn in stash to do this....even better, right? Thinking of using the Misti Alpaca - Baby Alpaca in black that didn't work out so well for my first cable attempt. I know for sure that it would make a really soft and snuggly hat.

I normally wouldn't knit something quite this "kitschy", but I just can't resist. The picture just seemed to call out to me...knit me, knit me...knit me, damnit!!! So, yet again, I will answer the siren call of the yarn and cast it on tonight....hell, it's a hat...I could probably have it done by the weekend if I put my other projects down for a bit. I might even get brave and try it on DPN's instead of my much loved circulars.

Only bummer about knitting a hat in April (in Texas, no less) is that I won't get to wear it till it starts to get cold again....at the END OF OCTOBER!!!!

Anyway, I guess I will head back scouring Ravelry some more for patterns, that I most likely won't have time to knit...but if it distracts me from the massive headache I have had all morning, so much the better!!!

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Texas, cold in October. You're very optimistic, aren't you?

Chopper_Gyrl said...

Well, I know this past year, by the last week in October I was wearing a jacket and hat at night when working the Haunted House. So, I guess I am not that "optimistic".