Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bad yarn...Very bad yarn....

I jokingly call this bad yarn, but I know full well that there is no such thing as bad yarn, just a bad knitter. In the case of this lovely chenille "stuff" from Hobby Lobby, I know full well that it is me the knitter, that is the problem here. I have never before knitted with anything even remotely like this fiber (if you can really call it that), and I am not likely to try it again any time soon.

I have been working on the cupcake hat, and thought I was well into the home stretch. Finally figured out how to get the ribbing to fit my head (dropped down not one, but TWO needle sizes to get the stitches to shrink up enough to fit my "itty bitty head". Then, when I thought I had enough ribbing and was ready to bind off, I did so...in pattern, no less....and HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS SACRED!!!! that thing is so small now it won't even fit on a small child!!!!

Not that I would want to torture a small child so much as to put this atrocity on their head....but sheesh.... So, now at some point tonight, I get to take out the binding and try again. Maybe with a sewn bind off? That would probably work, since there are only 56 or so stitches to bind off and it would at least keep the integrity of the ribbing.

All of this being said....I reiterate, I will not ever voluntarily knit with this chenille stuff again....chuckle.....

No comments: