Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One step forward and two steps back....

This is how I do the knitting dance. Yes sirree....I thought I was making progress on the spiral baby blanket and then realized that instead of having the 10 sections it was supposed to have, it only had 5. Which would explain why the center of the blanket was creating such an extreme peak and not laying flat, as it should.

So, even though I had already knitted one full ball and started on my second, there I sat at work yesterday, listening to the mind numbing chatter of the girl on the other side of the cube from me.... (I'll save that for another post), frogging the entire thing and re-winding the ball. I proceeded to cast on and this time the correct number of sections and I have started over again. I have hope for this, since it only took me 2 days to knit that far the first time, I truly think that if I knuckle down and get to it...I could probably have the project finished in about 3 weeks...realistically.

Anyway, in other news, I have begun to cast on for my sweater. I say "started" simply for the fact that casting on 141 stitches to begin seed stitch was just too mind numbing for me to continue last night and may have to be started on a Friday evening or sometime over the weekend. Who knows...

In other news, I have finally broken down and bought the second ball of sock yarn for my SECOND pair of knee highs last night while I was at knit night. It is this nifty bright green, dark green and orange self-striping stuff from OnLein that I have been thinking about for a long time. The point is that I have had one ball sitting in stash for a while now and it finally has a mate to cuddle up with. I figure, once I get the second 9 mile sock done, I can get started on a pair of these.

Well, I don't think the coffee has fully kicked in so, that is probably all my brain is able to spew out this early in the morning...there might be a venture onto Etsy sometime this morning...I'm on a quest for some really simple and easy to use stitch markers, that have no dangling pieces and will fit over most of my needles. Basically all purpose stitch markers that also look pretty.

No comments: