Monday, May 12, 2008

Out with the old and in with the new....

First off, Friday night was a momentous occasion...finally finished knee-high number one!!! I have to say, I am really happy with the way that it turned out. Plenty of ribbing at the top, picot bind-off to finish it and the fit is PERFECT! I'm in love with it and there is no chance of second-sock syndrome, since the 2nd sock was cast-on Sunday at SnB. (Yes, there are pictures to prove it...I'm just waiting on the e-mail with the attachments)

Edit....
cast on sock 2cast on sock 1

Along with casting on the 2nd sock, there is also a baby blanket in the works for a co-worker. I just couldn't resist the "knitting for others", when she was willing to buy the yarn (Sirdar Snuggly in Baby Bamboo....very pretty colors), a set of Addi Turbos and didn't mind if I picked the pattern for the blanket. Doesn't get much more accommodating than that.

So, now I have two new projects on the needles, but I still haven't cast on the Turquoise sweater that was supposed to be my summer project. I guess I will have to get to that sometime this week, since I don't think this baby blanket will take all that long to get done. Working that in a simple spiral pattern that Lara had suggested. At this point, now that it is bigger than the magic loop stage, it has become mindless knitting. Same thing goes for the 2nd sock, until it comes time to turn the heel (ick...).

I'm sitting here at work, typing away and trying to think if there are any other project that got started over the weekend....but I just can't seem to think of any.

The Pi Shawl is also on the needles, but that is somewhat mind numbing and for the time being has become somewhat of a back burner project for the simple fact that I can pick it up and put it down at any time....but it is handy that it is still small enough to fit in my bag and makes a good on the run project.

OK, so...now that I have done a run down on the current projects and I really don't have anything too new to tell, since the pictures haven't shown up yet...I am gonna get back to knitting..ummmm...I mean working....yeah, that's what they call that thing I do during the day Monday through Friday.

No comments: