Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Who'da thunk it???

Well, if you had asked me a few months ago, if anyone actually read this drivel that I type here...I would have said. "Are you kidding me? Maybe one or two folks, three...TOPS!!!" Apparently, though, there are more of you than I had realized, and I can't begin to tell you how happy that makes me. For whatever reason you may choose to read this, I thank you.

Anyway...onto more knit-worthy news. The Babyboo sweater has been cast on...I did the 19 rows of 141 sts of seed stitch starting on Friday night, finished it at Sunday's SnB and progressed to moving up the body of the sweater last night at the final Woolie Ewe "Knit Night" (until end of summer...insert sadness here). I am really happy with the progress to this point. I know I have miles to go before it even remotely begins to look like a sweater, but I feel like a champ for even having gotten it cast on and gotten it into the WIP column finally.

The baby blanket is making progress, steadily...I have decided that I want to do a scallop bind-off on the edge of it when I am done. This is assuming that I can figure out how to crochet the edging when Sue shows me how (Lord help that woman for being willing and patient enough to teach me anything...), but here is hoping. If all else fails, I can always fall back on the Picot bind-off I had been originally planning, since both options are gonna take at least half of the last ball of yarn.

I don't think there is too much progress on any other projects to speak of at this point. There are about 5 different project bags in the big bag, so I am sure that I am working on other things. It just seems that everything else is, for the most part, on the back burner right now and percolating just a bit. It is kind of nice to have a variety of things to work on at any given time. \

In other news, since I guess it is a well known fact that I am a complete Stitch Marker "ho", so to speak. The lovely Brenda from Sunday SnB, has given me the most lovely set of Celtic Stitch Markers. I really appreciate the lovely knitting bling, I know I will use them often and as soon as I can get a chance, I will take a picture of them, along with everything else I talked about and get it posted here. Just been a bit frazzled lately with other personal stuff keeping the brain a bit distracted and addled.

I was gonna write about some other stuff today, but being that my brain is not fully functional and I have yet to finish the first cup of coffee for the morning...I think I will get to doing that and starting the dreaded work day, at least it is Hump Day today....on the down hill slide to Friday!!!!

No comments: