Thursday, June 05, 2008

I was a bad, bad girl....

I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore yarn for at least a month or two and especially not until the SnB Swap was over....but I just couldn't resist. I was at the Woolie Ewe yesterday (no shock there), but I was feeling the shopping urge. It was STRONG!!!

There, right on the floor, near the register...my temptation sat. It was a basket of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. I just could not resist the temptation, especially when it was at half off of $7.95. I had originally intended to only purchase one ball of yarn yesterday. It was gonna be the Debbie Bliss wool/cotton that I had found in the clearance section for a mere three dollars and change.

I was weak though, and I did succumb to the siren call of the Silky Wool, two skeins worth. It is a really pretty rust color and I think it will make a lovely fall scarf for me. If all else fails, I could even gift it after the fact. The decision now becomes...what stitch will I knit it up with? I am torn between a Mock Cable and a Simple Woven Stitch. My goal is to find a stitch that will highlight the tweedy-ness (is that even a word) of the yarn and show off the pretty color, yet make sure that the scarf lays flat when I wear it.

Now that I have confessed my yarn shopping sin...I feel much better.

On another note, I am almost done with the baby blanket and only have about 1 ball of yarn left. It has been decided, that the bind off will be a crocheted border resembling a scalloped edge. I am really looking forward to seeing what it will look like in the end. I will say, if I ever do this pattern again, instead of YO's for increases, I will just do a Kfb instead, so that the blanket has no holes, but still has the pretty swirl patter that I like so much. (must make mods)

In other news, the cupcake hat has been bound off, but the swirl-y topping has not been completed yet. I am on a quest for some white or cream colored DK weight yarn so that I can knit several feet of I-Cord and sew it on and be done with this insane idea. Maybe I will find a small amount of this at the Stash Swap this weekend....here's hoping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures, I want to see pictures. And you haven't updated your Ravelry projects! How can I keep up with you if you don't?
Ma

Kenny said...

And, you haven't been updating your blog very much either.