Tuesday, April 22, 2008

And the sweater begins....or should that be saga???

To be more specific, it is a cardigan. I have bit the bullet and finally broken down and decided to knit a sweater for myself. The original impetus for this happened a few weeks back at a SnB, when I decided to wear a skirt and cute shirt. It was a bit chilly out and lo and behold, I had nothing to wear over my shirt other than my H-D (not really the look I was going for), so I decided it was time to start looking for a pattern and decide on a yarn to use.

Well, almost 2 weeks later and I have found the yarn. I opted for K1C2, Babyboo in Bright Aqua. I am still debating on the pattern, even though I think I have a general idea of what I am wanting to do. I really like the style of Tahoe pattern from Knitty.com, but I know for sure that I would adapt this to have 3/4 length sleeves. There is no way that I could wear this sweater in the spring and summer seasons, here in Texas with long sleeves....it is just way too warm for that.

So, I have swatched the yarn, managed to get gauge and now I just have to find someway to work out the pattern to work with the yarn I want to use. Par for the course with me, never follow the directions...LOL!

Anyway, cross your fingers and wish me luck. I am going to take all the info, along with the yarn and needles (so graciously loaned to me by Kenny) with me this weekend when I take a trip to see Mom up in Oklahoma. Hopefully between Lara and Mom there will be guidance as to how I should proceed with this endeavor... One day I will figure out why it is that I don't just take the well traveled road and stick with a pattern that is established and tested to work...(shaking my head at myself).

1 comment:

Miss Knotty said...

sorry for late commenting, but I just had to say, what about your members only jacket?

I'm hoping I'll see you at S&B this weekend,if I venture out. I'm going to be in box town, so I might be actually dug out by Sunday, if I work hard on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. :)

Cheers,
Miss K.