Monday, April 21, 2008

Too long gone....

Well, it has been a week...I didn't fall off of the planet, albeit I feel like have. I think this allergy season is just about to kick my ever lovin' ass.

I have been trying to knit in the evenings to get some of the never ending projects off of the needles, but no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to get caught up.

Thanks to Miss Knotty, the spiral hat is in the finishing stages. I did the ribbing last night and am stopping before I get back to the colors in the ball that I don't really like. I just gotta figure out the best way to bind off so I don't shrink the hat too much.

After I get the hat off the needles I am going to cast on a new set of fingerless mitts for my friend Brett. He bought the coolest colorway of Cascade 220, it is olive green and black heather....should be lots of fun to see how they turn out.

I know I said I would never knit for anyone else again, but I guess I consider this an exception to the rule....Mainly since he is learning to knit right now and hasn't really progressed to knitting in the round yet and I have knitted 2 sets of these already and they work up pretty quick...lastly, I really wanted to try the Cascade 220 and this is as good a reason as ever to get my hands on a skein of it, without having to actually buy any...LOL!!!!

No comments: